Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2008

WYD Mass

So we had a great past couple days. We started Saturday morning with a nice early 5:45 am wake up call. Then headed up to North Sydney to begin our pilgramage walk. The walk started with a prance across the Sydney harbor bridge, and after 3 miles we stopped for a mass with all the Catholic Bishops from the united states.

Then the final three miles to Randwick Racecourse where 500,000 catholics gathered and camped out for the morning mass with Pope Benidict.

It was quite cold so i couldn't sleep and so i passed the time by walking around and mingling with all the people from around the world. This was definitely an amazing experince.

I only have a couple more days here, and while i really miss my Friends, especially Emily, I am really enjoying my time here as well.

I have already put together my savings plan for the 2011 world youth day in Madrid!!!!

anyone comeing with me?

Thanks!

Hooge

1 comment:

Biteofpunkinpie said...

awesomeness! can't WAIT to see pictures!