Search This Blog

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ahhhh Melbourne

So my time in Melbourne is coming to a close. I guess this post will be a list

  1. Melbourne is a beautiful city. There is art everywhere, the town is simply teeming with it, architecture, street music, museums, even the highways are beautiful. I would post some pictures here to help, but my I have lost my camera connection, so i cannot get my pics off the camera itself untill i get a chance to get to an electronics store
  2. Melbourne is sports. The major sport in Australia, footy, is immensly popular here in Melbourne. 10 of the leagues 16 teams are from this city. and they routinely bring 40K to the games.
  3. Melbourne is people. The people here are absolutely amazing. I would liken it to the American south. Where you can't walk down the street without getting a hello. We have never been turned down for help whilst staying in Melbourne.
Some other things that have happened while in town.

Mike and I will never go hungry in this town. Margret makes sure that we stay well fed. She has cooked us breakfast and dinner everynight we have been here. it has been quite nice.

I got a footyball from one of the men at church. I mearly mentioned that I would like to buy one whilst here, and 20 minutes later here he was giving me one for free. When I get back to OK, we will be starting a footy league.

Also on the way home from the footy game last night there were a couple drunk blokes on the train. One took some offence to my amazing new Brisbane lions hat. So he decided rather than harass the silly American, he would giv eme the scarf for his team. So i guess i am also a St. Kilda Saints fan now as well. Gooo Saints.


My foot hurts very badly. Don't ever step on a hot sparkler barefooted. Especially when you are getting ready to leave for another counrty in a matter of days. You will have a blister, and It will hurt. Luckily i have kept it form getting infected. I started walking normally today.

Today we went out to wine country. The countryside is beautiful. We were on a mission to find koalas. We stopped at an animal sancutary here in southern Australia. Saw a dick billed platypus for the first time in my life. That is one silly looking, yet amazing creature.

It has definitely been a great weekend. I cannot wait to show you all the pics.

The Pope landed in Australia today. That is going to be another thing that I will never forget about this trip.

I wish you where here with me Friends!!!

Love ya

Hooge

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!!!

Biteofpunkinpie said...

"Saw a dick billed platypus for the first time in my life."

I'm sure that was a sight!

Is there a way to send you a picture? Maybe I'll post it on my facebook. Are you checking your facebook? I promise it will give you a BIG laugh!